Boerderij Meerzicht is well known for its delicious pancakes and it definitely lived up to our expectations! The boerderij buildings have thatched rooves and were extremely charming. We were able to sit outside since the weather was pretty mild today. Dan ordered the cherry and powdered sugar pancake and I ordered the bacon and apple pancakes. We shared these with Liliane. As you can see from the pictures, they were gigantic! Service was extremely quick, which made it ideal for people, like us, with children.
In addition, the restaurant had a small zoo with peacocks, chickens and a pony. The playground was also fun. I've included a picture of the playground with interesting things that I hadn't seen at a playground. In the foreground, there's an activity where children stand on a stabilized tire and run. There is a small zipline in the background. At the front of the restaurant, there was a Caterpillar-type sand mover that kids could play with.

And I don't think I've mentioned the love of dogs here in Holland. We saw a bunch yesterday in Gouda. Today, there were a lot of dogs inside the restaurant at the boerderij. And for those owners who forgot to bring canine snacks, the broederij has a vending machine for dog treats. With all the dogs, Liliane is in heaven!
1 comment:
I'm so excited for you all! It is such an adventure. You must go to the Tulip exhibition in April (I think) at Kuekenhoff (sp?). I was there in 1996 and it is just spectacular.
PS - I LOVE your blog and I'm living vicariously through it.
Post a Comment