Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Jewel of Scandinavia

Oh why must you obliterate the sense of time yon Jewel of Scandinavia?
Your labyrinthine halls entomb rational judgment
Each twist taking us deeper into cycles of consumption
But prices too low to ignore!
We fall prostrate before thy registers
Opening the coffers to fill endless cubic meters
With superficial quality
And witty pseudo-Swede-speak
Until at last
The uitgang looms
And we run, hurtle
Towards the light
Of the parking garage, but nonetheless OUT
Now looking forward to the imminent return
There is indeed an I in Ikea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going back in time - we know for me that is quite a while - Ikea used to be called Habitat in the UK and was always my favorite place to look - note look - it was expensive back in the day. How times change!!!!

Madeline said...

Habitat is still around. You can go to it at www.habitat.net. I believe they merged with another British home store about 10 years ago, but I can't remember which one.