Saturday, we made a trip to Hanos. Hanos is a wholesale-type emporium that caters to restaurant owners. I received a membership there, so we decided to go check it out. All I can say is that they experience was overwhelming. We were there for more than three hours and I don’t think that we saw everything! They have foodstuffs from all over the world and most of it is in bulk. According to the website, they have over 85,000 products! Just when you turned the corner, lo and behold there was another wing! I believe the physical building is bigger than Costco, but smaller than IKEA. One of my purchases was an 865g jar of Maille mustard. To give you perspective, a normal jar is 200g. It was on sale for 2.40, so I couldn't pass it up!
When we return, we will focus on a single class of item to get, like cheese or seafood. Mercifully, they had a small restaurant inside where we regrouped and re-elevated our blood sugar. The restaurant also had free coffee and tea refills, which was helpful. One great item we bought was a single serving raclette set heated by votive candles. That evening, I made a birthday cake for Liliane from the Duncan Hines cake mix (French vanilla) and frosting (dark chocolate fudge) that I found at Hanos.
Sunday morning, we had a small birthday celebration for Liliane. Our upstairs neighbors joined in and added a few “hip hip hoora”s to the end of the Happy Birthday song, which I think thoroughly enhances the song. Liliane had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed the cake. Afterwards, we walked over to Vondelpark so she could play at the playground of the Milkhouse Restaurant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They are both getting so big and beautiful. We miss you1
Post a Comment