The movers had been over the last two days packing all of our worldly possessions. We couldn't believe how many things we had because it didn't seem like that there could be that much looking at our house. I hope I won't need anything that was hauled away. As you can see in the pictures, everything is in crates and will stored in a climate controlled warehouse. Everything was in small boxes, which the movers mercifully labeled. I will give this advice, however. Do not stock up on food. It is shameful how many garbage bags full of food we had to throw out. Although much of it consisted of condiments and constituent ingredients, it was nevertheless really depressing and seemed wrong. We put nonperishables into bags for food bank donation. Keep life simple and only buy food for dishes you plan to cook. Do not be taken in by sales at the store or food intrigue (i.e., mmmmm....one day I will be making bruschetta using this particular mix would be delicious! ahhh...I will definitely buy 5 kinds of tea on this vacation because I can't get it at home and won't be back for a while). It's just not worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment