Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our One Year Anniversary!

We arrived one year ago today! Things have been crazy-busy, but everything is going well. The pictures below were, in fact, taken today.


The girls have grown quite a bit. Amelie can now walk, follow basic directions and say key words, like "bottle." Since our trip to the States over the holidays, Liliane's English seems to have improved dramatically and she now makes very clear sentences. She is very conscientious likes to clean things she spills. She also will be helpful, like giving me a jar of Nutella so I can make choco-pancakes and advising me to do random things like take a shower. The girls play together well, although they sometimes fight over toys. Despite that, when Liliane has something that can be shared with Amelie (crayons, raisins), she usually does. They are both Dora and Diego's biggest fans. They are thrilled with the playgrounds and other kid-oriented places (like the goatfarm) that seem to abound.




Dan continues to enjoy his work here. He's moved into the third level at Dutch class. School is fun and interesting and I am starting to look for a thesis topic. I miss blogging as much as I used to, I've had to postpone more Dutch classes due to my schedule, and my hair is now red since great highlights are hard to come by. Overall, we try to take advantage of everything the city has to offer and love being able to take weekend trips to different places. Proost!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute post!

tsalagi753 said...

Hey there you two. You look MAR-vel-ous! Have not heard from you since you last posted DAN, that you finally found me!

I started my student teaching in a sixth grade class in a Catholic school here in Medford. I graduate from Southern Oregon U. Ashland,OR. in June w/my MA in Education.